For a preliminary understanding of OCPD:
- Warning Signs Youre Dating a Loser (controlling or abusive partner) by Joseph Carver, Phd.
- PsychCentral gives a short but complete overview on the condition.
- Great overview on Law Officer.com site of what its like to have a working or other kind of relationship with a Perfectionist Personality.
- Helpguide.org on Signs of Abuse and Abusive Relationships - you may be surprised to find youre already in one.
- Short overview on Out of the Fog website which includes links to support boards and other resources.
- Overview on NIH (National Institutes of Health.)
- OCD or OCPD - Neat Freaks and Obsessive Compulsive Cleaning on Suite 101.
- Counselling Resource describes symptoms of Anankastic Personality here, with additional links to references.
More in depth:
- Too Perfect - a summarized view of subjects covered in this excellent book.
- The Right Stuff by Steven Phillipson, PhD goes into great depths about the various facets of OCPD.
- Dr. Dan Bochner on OCPD - good analysis, somewhat rosy prognosis for treatment.
- International OCD Foundation s Hoarding Site.
for those who are dealing with a Perfectionist Personality
- Verbal Self-Defense by Suzette Haden Elgin, PhD (author of You Can't Say That To Me!) explains and gives examples of many great techniques, including the boring baroque response.
- Wikihow's got a great article on how to deal with people with personality disorders.
- Advice for recognizing and dealing with verbal abuse (which can often escalate to physical abuse) by Patricia Evans.
for those with OCPD
- Dr. Phil gives advice to Controllers/Perfectionists - one page plus additional links.
- On selecting a divorce attorney. If you have decided to divorce your OCPD spouse, and your attorney is either unaware of personality disorders, or unwilling to be educated about them, your OCPD spouse will chew him up for lunch without needing a a napkin. In order to protect yourself and your children, if any, choose wisely.
- Free Forums - for both those with OCPD and those who have a loved one with OCPD. (Many members used to belong to a similar group on MSN, now defunct.)
- Forumotion - for those with OCPD or Anankastic Personality only.
- Out of the Fog - a support site for Significant Others of people with all types of Personality Disorders, including but not limited to OCPD.
- Yahoo Group - for both those with OCPD and their loved ones.
- FaceBook - look for the Perfectly Awful community page on FB, and fan if confidentiality/privacy is not a problem for you.
- Tetanus Burger - two sisters cleaning up after their OCPD father (very funny- great pics!)
- My Mother-in-Law Is Still Sitting Between Us - pics & stories about cleaning a hoarder's house - great writing and amazing pictures.
- Educating Mel - Notes On How To Live In The World (With OCPD) and Be Loved
- NIH 2004 Study - indicates 7.88% of the general US population with OCPD; over 14.79% with at least one personality disorder.
What's It Like to have OCPD? Here's one take:
Broken Links? Got more to add?
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you tell if someone is a Perfectionist Personality? How Can I Help or Make my Perfectionist Personality Partner Change? Why does she seem relaxed and tolerant around others, and so hard on me at home? What are the Keys to Living
with a Perfectionist Personality?
How Do I Rediscover Who I Am?
For answers on these and
other FAQ's, click the link.